Tuesday 22 July 2014

Cat Eye Sunglasses Trend

So Audrey Hepburn was definitely getting it right with her cat eye sunglasses back in 1961 (pictured below). I love how feminine and elegant they are, and everywhere appears to be selling them right now - Topshop, Asos etc. During a recent visit to an outlet village, I found the perfect pair of Prada tortoise shell cat eye sunglasses - they were £110 from £180.. so I had to have them! What I love about them is that they're not too much, they are rounded and a little more subtle than a lot of the other styles around at the moment - which in my opinion makes them a little more timeless. I find that they're not as wearable as my classic Rayban Aviators, for example I wouldn't wear them with trainers, jeans and a t-shirt, but rather a slightly more elegant and dressy outfit. However, they make the perfect finishing touch to a really simple, classy outfit such as a skater dress and ballet pumps. I'm sure i'll be wearing them a lot on holiday in Croatia and Monaco - i'll post plenty of photos!

Audrey Hepburn

Olivia Palermo, as usual, providing me with some inspiration

The lighting here makes them look a little red - which they're not!


No comments:

Post a Comment