Monday 21 July 2014

Fudge Urban Hair Chalk

I fancied trying something a bit different with my hair for Hideout festival this summer, so went and bought some of this hair chalk from Superdrug (had to try a few stores before I found any - turns out its popular!) The chalk is available at £5.99 in a variety of colours including pink, purple, white, red and blue. I'm aware that there is a more expensive option than the Fudge chalk, which is the Kevin Murphy Colour Bug available for £14 on the official website. I have read good reviews for this product and definitely intend on trying it, but as a typical student I am unfortunately on a budget!

Anyway, I decided to give pink a go! For Hideout festival I applied it to the ends of my hair for an ombré effect and for Latitude festival this weekend I just did a couple of streaks which was also effective (shown in second photo). Don't forget to apply hairspray after applying the chalk in order to hold the colour! I also found that applying a little hairspray to the desired area before application made the process easier! My hair is quite a light shade of blonde, so the colour showed up well. However, I wouldn't be discouraged if your hair is darker, as this colour showed up really well in my friend's black hair! Mixing the white chalk with each of the colours can also give you a more pastel effect. The chalk then washes out really easily with shampoo! I would definitely recommend this stuff, great for festivals! I will definitely be trying the other colours in the future!

The product



Pink streaks for Latitude festival

No comments:

Post a Comment